The Captain's Revenge (Seas of Caladhan #2)
The price for vengeance must always be paid… No matter what.
Caelum may have stopped his father, but in the process, he lost more than he’d ever planned.
The syren who had slowly been winning his heart over was gone, taken by the very woman she once owed her life to, and Caelum was now wanted for his father’s murder. In the chaos of the aftermath, Caelum must deal with his grief, and with the other syrens, who only seem determined to make his life more difficult as he searches for Brigid.
Brigid is in agony. As if watching her best friend die in front of her wasn’t enough, she’d been ripped beneath the waves and brought to pay penance to the goddess she’d once sworn fealty to. But the syren queen seems determined to never cease her torture, not until Brigid has paid for her sins in blood.
Resigning herself that she will never see the man she’d given up everything for, Brigid retreats into herself. The only way to endure the wrath of the syren queen is to shut down and silently hope that someone would come for her. But Brigid knows better than to hope. And her body is quickly giving out.
When whispers of a mysterious witch with the ability to grant any wish reach Caelum, he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get Brigid back, including giving up that which he holds most dear. And so, the syrens and the crew set off on the dangerous journey to the south to find anything that will lead them to Brigid.
But nothing worth having ever comes easy, and neither Caelum or Brigid have ever backed down from a challenge.
The Captain’s Revenge is the thrilling conclusion to the slow-burn new adult fantasy romance duology, pulling you beneath the waves and into a Celtic mythology inspired world of do-good pirates, cunning syrens, and action-packed adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Dive beneath the seas of Caladhan and discover your next romantic fantasy read!
Tropes, Tags & Triggers
- Descriptive violence (throughout)
- Descriptive torture (chapters 2, 5, 8, 11, 15, 18, 21, 23)
- Moderate blood/gore (chapters 2, 5, 8, 11, 15, 18, 21 ,23, 24, 25, 26, 40, 49, 50)
- Explicit death/murder (chapters 21, 49, 50)
- Explicit dismemberment (chapter 50)
- Brief and non-explicit references to child kidnapping and deaths (chapters 3, 8)
- Mentions of past domestic violence (chapter 6)
- Moderate sexual content (chapter 42)
- Depictions of anxiety, depression, and PTSD (throughout)
- Imprisonment (chapters 43, 46, 48)
Tropes & Tags
- Touch them and die
- Injury care
- Found family
- Revenge missions
- Rescue missions
- "I killed him with my thighs"
- Damsel not in distress (okay, maybe a little distress)